February is a time for lovers, but also a time to show love to family, friends, pets, and even our cars. Take some time this month to care for your car and it will help you care for the people you value the most. AND it will allow you to go on a romantic getaway while increasing the chances you’ll make it there without delay.
For your car, make sure to check: the oil, wiper blades, tire wear and tear, tire pressure, battery cables, air filters. You’ll also want to update your emergency kit to include things like any medication you’re taking and plenty of good snacks. Have jumper cables at the ready as well as flares to warn other motorists if you do break down. Plenty of bottled water is always good to have on hand.
Here are some recommendations for romantic getaways within driving distance from Spring:
- Port Aransas (4 hours) Highlights: small tourist town, sandy beaches, really good food
- Galveston (1 hour 20 min) Highlights: small town charm with bigger city amenities
- Corpus Christi ( 3 ½ hours) Highlights: laid back atmosphere with lots to see and do
- Seabrook (1 hour) Highlights: awesome boat trips and budget-friendly food that’s still amazing
- Kemah (1 hour) Highlights: carriage rides, boat trips, strolling down the boardwalk
Now that you know where to go for a romantic getaway, don’t forget to reach out to Rusty’s Garage in Spring to help make sure your vehicle is road ready. At Rusty’s Garage, our number one priority is you. Regular maintenance as well as check ups when you think something might need an actual repair will greatly minimize your risks on the roads. Our team looks forward to working with you! Schedule your appointment today. We're located at 25143 Melda Road, Building B, in Spring, TX, 77380 and are open from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday - Friday.